Pantry List Donation Ideas
Helping Food-Insecure Families With School-Aged Children
THANK YOU for adopting a family in need.
Goal: Replace 5 breakfast meals and 5 lunch meals per child in need.
If planning for snacks, this is bonus territory.
Please target meeting 1 healthy snack per day.
PLEASE check with your receiving family for any food allergies or sensitivities.
- This list of pantry ideas requires no refrigeration and can be porch-delivered for contact avoidance if needed.
- Please AVOID sugary snacks and low-nutrition (junk food) items, as well as glass packaging and expired items.
- If your canned good items are not pop-top, please consider including a can opener as a gift with your delivery.
- You are not being asked to buy everything on this list. Please pick and choose items that might be available.
- Remember the support goal is to replace what a child would receive normally at school; 5+5.
- Food items are strongly preferred over money donations due to supply chain scarcity in stores.
- Please coordinate delivery time and date directly with your matched recipient.
Dry or Boxed Goods
- Rice or Rice-Mix Side Dish Packages (like Ready Rice)
- Pasta or Pasta-Based Packages (like Macaroni & Cheese, Helpers, or any Meals in Box)
- Pasta sauce packets (spaghetti, alfredo, etc…)
- Beans or Bean-Mixes
- Potato Flakes or Potato Side Dish Packets
- Bagels or English Muffins
- Bread (may also include tortillas or wraps)
- Whole-grain breakfast cereal
- Granola or Breakfast Cereal Bars
- Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat
- Velveeta cheese
- Crackers (Triscuit, saltine or similar)
- Pancake & Muffin Mix (like Bisquick)
- Shelf-stable or powdered milk
- Condiment items (squeeze relish, mustard, ketchup, miracle whip)
- Fruit cups or canned fruit mixes
- Canned fish (tuna or salmon) or tuna-packet meals
- Canned meats (spam, ham, vienna sausages, chicken or turkey)
- *Peanut Butter (please check with recipients for allergies)
- Jelly or jam (any flavor, 16 oz plastic)
- Canned beans (any kind)
- Soups, stews and chili
- Squeeze cheese (like Easy Cheese)
- Tomato sauce or paste
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Canned vegetables (any)
- Cooking oil (olive or canola)
- Oranges or Cuties